Welcome to the Oregon History School House
Our goal is to teach people about the rich cultural history of our region, to increase public pride in our museums and landmarks, to invite visitors to our area, and to ignite a passion in the children of today for their history. The children of today will grow up to be our history-keepers of tomorrow. We want them to grow up with a passion for history, so that as adults they hold an awareness of the rich cultural history of their communities, and a desire to keep the interest alive in our historic museums and landmarks.
Games & Puzzles
It’s easy to learn a little history when you are having fun!
• Pioneer Children’s Games
• Word Puzzles
• Jigsaw Puzzles
• Summary of area history (John Day to The Dalles),
• Timeline of significant events in Oregon’s History
• The Dalles Military Road
• What happened in 1859?
People & Places
• Victor Trevitt
• I.C. Nickelsen’s Bookstore/Klindt’s Book Sellers
• Oregon Trail
• Rorick House
• Umatilla House
• Wascopam Mission
PDFs of History books are provided for for non-commercial use and research only. Most have been downloaded by courtesy of Google Books. Google usage guidelines apply.
• What is it like to ride a stagecoach?
• Rules for Stagecoach Travelers
• List of area museums
• Contacts to additional history resources
• Columbia Gorge Discovery Center Educational Outreach
• Fort Dalles Museum
• Original Wasco County Courthouse
Group tours, traveling trunks, historic re-enactments, and demonstrations may be available to schools for a nominal fee. Fee arrangements and scheduling should be made directly with the consultant.