Smock Prairie School
People & Places
• Victor Trevitt
• I.C. Nickelsen's Bookstore
• Rorick House
• Umatilla House
• Wascopam Mission
The following books are provided for for non-commercial use and research only.
Most have been downloaded by courtesy of Google Books. Google usage guidelines apply.
• Ten Years in Oregon, by Daniel Lee and Joseph Frost
• Circuit Rider Dedication
• Sketches of Mission Life Among the Indians
• The Centennial History of Oregon (1811-1911)
• Geology formations (John Day Fossil Beds to the Columbia River Gorge),
• Flora - Native plantlife and wildflowers
• Fauna - Native wildlife
• What is it like to ride a stagecoach?
• Rules for Stagecoach Travelers
• List of area museums
• links to additional history resources,
• Fort Dalles Museum Educational Outreach - Learn about pioneer life
Historic re-enactments and demonstrations can be made available to schools for a nominal fee to pay for consultant travel expenses and time. Fee arrangements and scheduling should be made directly with the consultant.
2009 Sesquicentennial Oregon Statehood Wagon Train
Volunteers from local historic organizations, city and county agencies, and businesses all came together to help plan the 2009 Oregon Statehood Wagon Train. The OSWT began its journey August 10, 2009 from Huntington, Oregon, along the Snake River on the Oregon/Idaho border to travel along the historic Dalles Military Road through Baker, Malheur, Grant, Wheeler, Gilliam, Sherman and Wasco counties.